11 July 2008

Suzi Blu News



The Artist Cellar is selling art kits made by Suzi Blu. The kits come with just about everything you need to duplicate her "Party Girl" painting. Suzi Blu promises step-by-step instructions that will teach a beginner how to shade and work with mixed media layers.

I was a big fan of Suzi's when she first arrived on the art journal scene. Somewhere along the way, I became a little less enchanted, to be diplomatic. Something made me check her website a couple of days ago, and I was glad I did! I knew that the art kits were now available because I got a notification from The Artist Cellar, but they didn't give a lot a information about it. I thought I wanted one, but after I saw the video, I knew I wanted one! I ordered mine today and now I can't wait for it to be shipped! Her painting is something totally different from what I usually do, so I'm looking for it to really wake up my creativity.



Suzi's other big news is that she's planning an online class. It sounds as though she's setting the tuition at $50 for an eight-week long class. She'll teach how to draw her pretty girl faces, work with mixed-media layers, wood burning, bees wax, and a lot more. I'm planning on taking this class. Even though I'll hardly have time to take it, I think it will wake up my creativity and get me to working on a regular basis. Besides, it's scheduled to start on 15 August, and that was my dad's birthday, so it's almost like it's destiny!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Let me know what you think of her new kit. I saw the vlog about it the other day on her site too and it looked really neat. I'm glad you're able to do her class too. I think it'll be great. I don't have the time to do it right now, but hopefully I can do her next class.