18 February 2009

Shopping and Organization

Today, Kristy Christopherson and I went to Palm Desert to shop at The Art Colony. What a wonderful day we had! The Art Colony is a wonderful store, full of everything you can imagine for the serious artist. This is no Michael's or JoAnn! They carry Golden Artist Colors, Copic Markers, and all kinds of other goodies. Shopping was a great experience -- I could have bought one of everything! As it was, I spent WAY to much money (luckily, I have an understanding and supportive husband), and I didn't buy close to half the store! The best part of the experience, though, was getting to know Kristy better. We talked and laughed for hours. 

When I came home, I realized I had no where to put my new treasures, so I started organizing. I got my dining room table mostly cleared off -- and I found my long-lost blow dryer -- and started organizing my supplies. I still have some things I need to do, but it felt good to take a step toward getting this under control. Andrea Scher, this week's featured interview in The Next Chapter book blog, says that real courage is in hearing your gremlins/saboteurs and taking some action anyway. If that's the case, I was very courageous today!

1 comment:

Kristy C said...

we really did have alot of fun! We need to do that again!
Glad to hear ya found your blow dryer!LOL