31 May 2008

ATC Backgrounds, Finally!


Here's a quick scan of the only art I did while I was on vacation. I completed three ATC backgrounds. I've got the focal point images cut out, but I don't have the rest of the ATCs ready -- no ideas about words or embellishments. As I mentioned in an earlier post, they look like something Jillian would do. In fact, in looking through her blog, I found something very similar that she did. I didn't mean for mine to turn out so much like hers. I hope she'll remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

There are three backgrounds because there are going to be three ATCs, framed together. You can barely see the original paper through the layers of paint; I'm thinking that the orignal paper will somehow play in the framing of the piece, too. Of course, the corners will be rounded and the edges will be shaded.

When the ATCs are finished, I'll share them with you. Hopefully, it won't be more than a day or two; surely within the week. John is going out of town on business next week, so I should get lots of art time in. These are for my Featured Artist show.

1 comment:

Jill said...

hi Cindy! I like how your BGs came out...circles and pink (my fav) work great. Can't wait to see how you finish them up.