28 May 2008

Home Again

I'm back from my vacation, and getting caught up on life. I returned home to a major art show. I wasn't participating as an artist, but rather, I was the Event Treasurer. That meant that I had to help get the artist's information packets together, attend the show both days, and then balance the books once the show was over. Right as I was tidying that up, I got sick. Nothing major, but sick enough to keep me down for a few days. Then the laundry that piled up while I was gone (The husband didn't go with me to visit my mother). I'm just now getting that caught up. My art supplies have arrived home, but I haven't had a chance -- or made the time! -- to unpack them, so no new art.

I do have to get off my butt and make some art -- lots of it, too. I've been named a Featured Artist for the Redlands Art Association. My show is in the fall. Mostly, I do small art: ATCs, 4x4s, and the like. I do have a few canvases, but I need to get busy and produce more. Luckily, I found four 5x7, gallery wrapped canvases on clearance at JoAnn a few days ago. Still small, but bigger than I'm used to working with. Hopefully, the inspiration will come soon. Not only does the art have to be done, but some of it will have to be framed, too. Then, there's a reception to plan, invitations to design and send out, publicity to work on. It sounds like I have a lot of time to do things in, but really, I don't. MUST MAKE ART!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad you're back to "normal life", Cindy, but also glad that you had the opportunity to go home for a bit. That's always good for the soul. Looking forward to seeing what you and your muse cook up.