27 June 2010

100 Day Reality Challenge

Because how we spend out days is, of course, how we spend our lives. -- Annie Dillard

That quote is a favorite of mine, but it often leaves me with an emotional OUCH! I need to make some changes.

In some ways, I'm extremely happy with my life, but in other ways, I'm a bit dissatisfied. On a day-to-day basis, my life is pretty good, but when I look at the big picture, I see that I'm not accomplishing much.

I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I've wasted it by living comfortable and easy. I want excitement. I want to feel as though I'm living my life on purpose.

So, I have decided to join the 100 Day Reality Challenge. For 100 days, beginning today, I will consciously work toward creating the life of my dreams. I'm hoping to accomplish more, develop some new habits, and work through some of my resistance. I have some pretty ambitious goals and intentions, but I think I will see some good movement in my life. I've done the Challenge twice beofre and had some good temporary results; I'm hoping to create more permanent change in my life wiht this Challenge.

I'll occasionally post my thoughts and results, but the bulk of my posting will be on the Challenge Ning site. If you need to get a jump on creating the liffe of your dreams, you might consider creating a challenge of your own. You can start your 100 days any time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome. inspires me to get to work!
:]


follow my blog to see what im about!
having so few followers makes it tough to feel good about it. :[

Mary said...

This 100 Day Realtity Challenge sounds like a great idea! Happy to have found your inspirational blog through Art Journal Love Letters.