17 January 2008

Fabric-Board Book Hybrid Project




I'm working on a fabric-board book hybrid project, as described by Kelli Perkins in her article, "Comfort in Small Things" in the current issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. You make mini quilts and paste them into a board book, alternating with the board book pages. These are my first mini quilts. I'm having a lot of fun. These pages are my three favorites of the six that I've worked on. I haven't done any quilting or adorning yet. That's the next step.

Lesson learned while doing this: Don't do this kind of work while having a low blood sugar attack. There are lots of not-straight fabric squares and hearts because I was having a case of the wobbles, but eager to keep on with my project.

My only other complaint is that I don't have a lot of fabric scraps to choose from, so my color choices aren't what I'd really have them be. I was determined not to spend any more money on this project, since I had to buy fusible web, fusible interfacing, and chunky stamps. I also bought some Jacquard Lumiere paints (LOVE those!). I already had the muslin and the board book, but I'm saving my money for an upcoming rubber stamp convention so I wanted to use the fabric I had on hand.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi Cindy! These are GORGEOUS!! The colors are so yummy and I love the quilt look. I can't wait to see what they look like when they are finished.