26 December 2008

I Did It!

I ordered my digi-cam today! Thanks so much to everyone who had input and suggestions. I decided to go with the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS from Amazon. I had a hard time deciding what color to order ... Pink is one of my favorite colors, but I'm not a "cutesy girly" type, and I'm bored with the whole breast cancer product placement thing. My mother-in-law is a two-time survivor, so I should be more sympathetic, but . . . For just $10 more the pink one comes with a printer, so I went with it. Actually, I went with the "Frequently Bought Together" package and got the carrying case and the battery, too, all for less than $200. Since I intend on carrying the camera in my purse, I thought the carrying case was a good idea. I also spent $3.99 for one-day shipping, so the camera should be here by Monday (UPS doesn't work on the week-ends). I'm so excited!

My goal is to take at least a picture a day in 2009, to chronicle my life, and to get better at photography. If it ends up that I really do use my camera, I'll look for a better one at the end of the year.

1 comment:

Pallas said...

A new camera, how exciting! I think I need a new camera too or maybe just need to learn how to use the one I have. (I have the worst time photographing my fabric art.)

Be sure to let us know how you like it. I will look for those 2009 pictures. I assume you will be posting them for our enjoyment. Ha!

Happy New Year Cindy.

Pallas