09 September 2005

How Long Has It Been???

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted to the blog. Since I've started working, it seems as though I have little time for my computer. I'm only working part-time, but JoAnne seems to take up ALL my time!

John has been busy as well. He works for Fed-Ex, and he often goes to work at 2:00 in the morning. So he works for a four-six hours, then sleeps for much of the day or evening.

Seems we're both pretty busy these days.

My dad has been in the hospital for the past week. He has emphysema and has recently had a bout with plueresy. Even though it was only semi-serious, it has reminded me (again) that my parents are not immortal. I've only seen them for a week or two here or there during the past 6 1/2 years. I've missed a lot of the process of them growing older. A lot of it? Hell, I've missed most of it. I am totally surprised whenever I'm forced to face the state of things, where my parents are concerned, because it's happening out of my sight. Because I married so late (I was 35 when John and I got married), I had always assumed that I would be with my parents through their old age and that I would help take care of them.

It's so hard to be 1300 miles away, listening to them age, without being a part of the process -- for their sake and for my own.

No comments: