29 September 2009

Finished Paper-Cloth




This is my first attempt at paper-cloth. I haven't painted it or applied any surface effects. I'm saving that for the workshop itself, which begins October 4. I'm having so much fun making my paper-cloth in preparation of the workshop -- I can't imagine how much fun the workshop itself will be!



This piece is almost dry. I really love it. It has more tissue paper and book text than the first one had. so there is less muslin showing through. I think I prefer the fuller looker. I may add layers to the first one ... Or just wait until it's painted to decide how much I like it.

If you want to play along, pick up a copy Stitch Alchemy by Kelli Perkins and join the yahoo group, mmartfriends. The more the merrier!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

It looks like you've been enjoying yourself with this -- lots of depth and texture as you work through the process. Can't wait to see what you do with these once you have started the workshop!

Pallas said...

Your cloth paper turned out really nice. I have made small pieces for projects, but none as extensive as this. Hmmm, maybe if I did it at 2 am it would turn out better. Good to see you back to creating and sharing it with us.

Jenni said...

oh fun! I'd never seen this process before so thank you for introducing me to it. & I've got a big smile on my face picturing you playing with all this stuff. I know what you mean about the 2am creative spree. enjoy!

bright blessings!