01 August 2008

My Latest Art




I've been busy at the art table! These are my latest creations. Puzzled Heart is 5x7; it's made with multiple layers of paint, tissue paper that has been rubberstamped, a grungeboard heart, and a puzzle piece.

Three Faces of Kim also features multiple layers of paint, tissue paper, a photograph that I got off of Flickr that came with a Creative Commons License, Twinkling H20s, some hardware wire, a piece of netting, and some rubberstamps. This piece is 11x14 -- a little too big for the scanner, so it looks a bit better than what you see here. It will be matted and framed.

Both pieces were fun to work on. Both pieces taught me something as I worked; that's always happy. Both pieces allowed me that moment of "no-mind" or inner stillness that Eckhart Tolle talks about.

Work is coming right along for my Featured Artist Show. I'm getting excited about it. My muse is cooperating, finally!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Beautiful work, Cindy!! Best of luck on your featured artist show too. I know it will be great & I'll "see" you next week at the journal workshop.