09 August 2008

New Art Journal Page



It didn't occur to me until just now that I ought to post this! I've been so busy sharing the art for my Featured Artist Show, that this just slipped my mind. I recently joined a collage group, hosted by NancyB, on Flickr (The group is private, so I can't refer you. Sorry!). For details, see Nancy's website. Anyway, the premise is this: Once a week, Nancy posts a collage sheet to the group and the participants have about a week to do some kind of collage with at least three of the elements from the collage sheet. Most people do art/visual journaling of some sort, so I thought I'd try my hand at that again. As most of you will recognize, this really isn't my style at all. I'm hoping to grow and learn as I work my way through this group.

If the concept strikes you as fun, why don't you join us?

I have week #2 almost done; I'm just waiting for my crackle paint to finish drying and I need to go to the office supply store to make some copies so I can do an image transfer of the text I want to use. Most people just write on their pages, but my handwriting is atrocious, so I thought I'd skip that! I'll post week #2's collage when it's dry and ready!

No comments: