25 January 2009

Recently Purchased Rubber Stamps




These are samples from my most recently purchased rubber stamps. None of these had been used until I look impressions with them today. Most are stamped crooked -- because I was on the phone while I was stamping and not paying as much attention as I should have been. Some of these are wood mounted (still my favorite), but most of them are red rubber. The four ATC size stamps in the top picture and the Christmas stamps in the bottom picture are Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous line so they come premounted on cushion; the rest of the rubber stamps I had to mount myself. I don't know if I'm going to continue to buy red rubber, or if I'm going to mount it. After seeing Kate of Invoke Arts work with unmounted rubber, I may try that. She made it look so easy and it would certainly be cheaper and less frustrating!

1 comment:

Contessa Kris said...

Ohhh! You bought several stamps I've been thinking about purchasing. I am one who doesn't mount their stamps. Of course I'm not a 'line-it-up-it-must-be-perfect' type of artist either. I don't mind if it only gets some of the impression or part of it is darker. You'll have much more storage room too, if you don't mount. I use the 12x12" drawers to keep mine in.