30 January 2009

Secret #3 -- Following Your Fascinations

The prompt for this secret was to write about what “en-courages” us and then to take one small step in the direction of our dreams.

I know it sounds sappy, but my husband’s love and encouragement helps me be brave. He is my constant, unfailing support. He reminds me to believe in myself and that I’m stronger that I think I am. I can do more with him by my side, and those things I absolutely can’t do, he can do for me.

Journaling helps, certainly, as does talking to my best friend, my mentor, art friends, and/or my husband about my fears. All support me fully and encourage my every endeavor. Being well-prepared helps with some things, but over preparation just causes increased anxiety in other situations. Doing the hard thing first often helps, as does making a list (so I can cross things off!).  I’m a believer in the law of attraction, so I set my intentions and then just try to stay aligned with them, taking whatever action I feel inspired to take; inspired action gives me courage.

I took my brave step on Tuesday. I set up a complicated still life and drew. I have high anxieties around drawing, so this was quite the way for me to spend my afternoon. I’m taking a basic drawing class at the local art gallery, but I don’t practice outside of class, because of these anxieties. Since then, creative juices have flowed steadily. In fact, I’m in the midst of an all-nighter, creating away!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Hi! I agree with your about the love and support from your spouse! Or at least the ability to put up with the supplies all over and the paint-stained clothes! :)

Congrats on the possible art show!! You deserve it, girl! You must be sending out those positive vibes into the universe and it's kicking you in the @ss and getting you creating...

Have a GREAT weekend!