24 July 2005

Finally!

Yesterday morning at about 10:30 a.am. -- eight days after I turned in my application -- I finally got a call from Valerie, the manager at JoAnn Craft and Fabrics! I go in for an interview on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. YEA!!! I do well at interviews, so I'm really excited about this. I told John just about six weeks ago that I thought I was ready to go back to work -- or, more precisely, I was ready to think about being ready! It seems kind of fortuitous that JoAnn is hiring right as I decide to go back to work. I've been wanting to work there for awhile, so everything seems to be coming together right now.

So, why do I want to work at JoAnn's (no doubt an interview question)? As someone who is exploring her emerging creativity, the idea of working with other ceative people and with customers who are also exploring their creativity is exciting. I think that it will encourage me and that I will have something to offer in return. Additionally, being around new products would encourage my creativity, which in turn would help me to reach out to others, in their creativity. Plus the excitment of the new building they will move into February 10 -- lots more space, products, services!

Okay, so that's probably no exactly what I'll say, but it's the answer to the question.

No comments: