30 July 2005

JoAnn Update

For those of you who haven't heard yet -- my interview at JoAnn Crafts & Fabrics went really well. My only complaint was that the interviews were scheduled 15 minutes apart -- hardly long enough for a proper job interview! In fact, I have a feeling that mine wasn't completed. Even so, several of my answers seem to strike a cord with Kathy, the interviewer. I came home, promptly wrote my thank-you note and got it in the mail that evening, to be posted the next day.

I got a call from Kathy yesterday asking me to come in for a "pre-employment survey." I did that today. It was one of those surveys that asks if you have ever stolen from an employer or if you would turn in a family member that was stealing from their employer, etc. I hate those questionaires. I have such a literal mind that I get kind of tripped up on words like always and never.

And now it occurs to me that one of the first questions asked was, "Do you always tell the truth?" and I answered no. After all, I don't tell people that they have on ugly clothes or that it's 2:00 p.m. and I haven't taken a shower yet; I'm much more likely to say something innocuous like, "I just got out of the pool; I'll need some time to get cleaned up." Like I said, I answered no, then proceeded to answered two to three dozen more questions. Good for me!

Anyway, I should hear something either way by Wednesday. More hurry up and wait!

No comments: