18 September 2007

Late Night Find

I just got home from Wal-Mart (it's 2:45 AM), where I found a package PrintWorks Transparencies, 10 for $7.84. Someone in the TheLatestTrendsinMixedMediaArts Yahoo! Group told me I might find some affordable ones there. There were also suggestions that I check at the printing centers of the big office supply stores; sometimes they sell them individually, but I figure I'll go through 10 pretty easily. I'm not going to do transfers, at least not yet. I'm going to make ATCs out of roof flashing, color them with alcohol inks, and adhere the transfers to them. I hope they turn out okay. I don't work much with my alcohol inks, so I'm not very confident with them. This will be a project just full of new techniques for me!

But don't get excited! It will be a few days before I get around to this. First of all, I'm having MAJOR dental surgery later today, and expect to be laid up for a day or two. I'm having 16 teeth extracted, and getting an upper plate and a lower partial. I'm both excited -- no more toothaches for me! -- and a bit apprehensive. I'm being put completely under for the process. That's the only way I could stand it, as Novocaine doesn't work on me. So, I expect to sleep all afternoon today, and into the evening. I'll probably still be a little groggy tomorrow, and maybe a bit sore for a day or two longer. So, no art for me this week, probably.

Secondly, it will take me a few days to gather my supplies. I bought my transparencies just now, but have yet to buy my roof flashing. Then, I guess I need to order a sealant for my transparencies so the ink won't run or smear when I apply adhesive. Then, I need to get the image ready to print out. I've got the image on my hard drive, but I don't have it sized right, nor have I made a document with several of the image for maximizing the space on the transparency. But, I'm excited to try this, so it won't be too long.

Wish me luck!

No comments: